Friday, February 29, 2008

Revamped Vintage



I love old costume jewelry. The cheaper and funkier the better! I think this goes back to my childhood. One of my favorite things to do when I stayed with my grandmother was to play dress up with all of her old beaded necklaces, clip on earrings, and gaudy rings. When I started designing jewelry, I discovered that it was a lot of fun to bring old pieces of jewelry back to life. I've created several charm necklaces and bracelets using recycled costume jewelry. It's almost as much find hunting down forgotten treasures as it is creating the new pieces from them. I found this great lot of vintage costume jewelry on Ebay and finally got around to creating some new pieces with it yesterday.


The piece that immediately jumped out at me was a crest brooch that had a knight's head and a falcon holding a ring in it's mouth. This became the centerpiece of my new necklace. Also included in this box of jewelry was an old necklace with lots of leaf charms in all different sizes. I took one of the smaller leafs and added it to my necklace. Finally, to add a little sparkle, I had a beautiful rhinestone bracelet link that has been begging to be used. This added the perfect feminine touch to finish off this one of a kind charm necklace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also love old costume jewelry.
Nice post......

SEO Delhi

MCA said...

Kanye West mixtapesBoots Sale
metal accessories very interesting. it makes you stronger1