Monday, February 25, 2008

My Newest Addiction



It is official...I am a vintage cabochon addict! I have been buying up these adorable flower cabs in bulk and gluing them on anything that will stay still long enough. I've made earrings, push pins, rings, brooches and necklace pendants so far. Next on my list are some cute refrigerator magnets!



My favorite of all of the cabs I've purchase so far are the turquoise etched glass ones that date back to 1940's Occupied Japan. What a find! I just listed a pair of earrings in my Etsy shop today that feature these beautiful cabochons. I included some cute vintage brass bow ties to make them look like little bouquets of flowers. They are mounted to an old pair of buttons. Wouldn't these be cute for Easter?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative, I would never have thought of it. Nice job!

Out of the Blue said...

Thanks urban design. You have a great shop...I had to heart you :)