Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowflake Cookies




Baking decorated sugar cookies has become a holiday tradition in our household. We make hearts for Valentine's, eggs for Easter, stars for 4th of July, fall leaves for Thanksgiving and snowflakes for Christmas. My daughter is having her Christmas party for Daisy Scouts today, so of course I had to whip up a batch of sugar cookies. I found this recipe several years ago online and it is by far the best sugar cookie I've ever eaten. Give it a try...

1 cup butter
3 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour

Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar (room temperature butter and cream cheese works best). Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour gradually and mix well. Divide the dough into 3 balls and roll out between layers of parchment paper. Put rolled dough in refrigerator for about 1 hour. Cut out with cookie cutters and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

For the frosting, I use about 1 lb of powdered sugar. Add a dash of vanilla and gradually add water and mix until it gets to the consistency that you want. Coat cookies with frosting and decorate with sugar and any decorations you like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those snowflake cookies are gorgeous. Martha Stewart worthy for sure! I never was any good at making rolled out sugar cookies.

Out of the Blue said...

You're too sweet! It's taken years and years of practice and I love the ugly ones that don't turn out because I get to eat those!! :)

Plaidfuzz said...

Those look amazing! There is nothing better than a good sugar cookie. :)

flamingpanties said...

This is a very nice recipe I would like to try. I am not a baker, but it looks easy enough even for me. My mother used to make cookies like these when I was a kid.

http://cashcuddler.com

tung said...

amazing! You're too sweet! :)




________________
winter camping gearซันคลาร่าของแท้